Chemical Worker Information
Chemical Workers are persons under the supervision of a Registered User who work with hazardous materials on a daily basis.
Responsibilities of a Chemical Worker
The responsibilities of a Chemical Worker include:
- Attending the Introduction to Laboratory Safety training course
- Completing the Chemical Management Online training course
- Reducing the usage of hazardous materials and subsequent generation of unwanted hazardous materials, whenever possible
- Understanding and following the proper procedures for working with and disposing of hazardous materials
- Knowing where to find Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and understanding how to read them
- Reporting spills and other unsafe conditions to the supervisor
- Knowing how to respond to spills and other emergencies involving hazardous materials
- Being familiar with and using Personal Protective Equipment needed for safety
- Working with EHS monitoring personnel to maintain safe work areas that comply with MU policies and government regulations
Please review the Chemical Worker Essentials section located on the right side of this page in order to familiarize yourself with the program requirements, and the role of the Chemical Worker in the program.