What PIs/Supervisors at MU Need to Know
SUPERVISORS and PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATORS have a major role in creating and maintaining a safe and healthful environment at MU.
SUPERVISORS and PI's have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Being familiar with campus Environmental Health & Safety policies, and campus programs to address potential hazards.
- Establishing a strong safety culture and ensuring that safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Training or arranging for training of staff and students on rules, regulations, and Environmental Health & Safety procedures.
- Assuring that proper personal protective equipment is used, when needed.
- Promptly investigating and reporting all accidents and requesting medical treatment if required.
- Identifying hazards and reporting these hazards to the appropriate campus entities for corrective action.
If you have not done so, we strongly encourage you to take the on-line safety orientation to gain an understanding of campus safety policies, programs and resources.
We want you to be safe and healthy while at MU. Please contact us if you think we can be of assistance in making this happen.