Food Safety

EHS provides close oversight over food service operations and special activities that include the serving of food. The EHS Sanitarian inspects all campus food service operation several times each year.

Campus activities at which food is served require a temporary food permit.

EHS offers a food handlers/food safety course, which is also offered by other providers. This class is necessary to receive a food handler's card which is required to work in any food service within MU and the City of Columbia.