Skip to main content
- Stay indoors if already there.
- Take cover under sturdy furniture, such as a worktable or desk; or in doorways, halls or against inside walls.
- Stay near the center of the building.
- Stay away from glass windows or doors.
- Avoid running through or near buildings where there is the danger of falling debris. If you are outside, stay in the open away from buildings and structures. Keep away from utility wires.
- After tremors have stopped, stay away from damaged building and structures because of possible aftershocks.