Skip to main content
- If Indoors
- Drop down to the ground or move safely to an area without risk of falling debris.
- Cover your head and neck to protect from falling debris.
- Take cover under sturdy furniture, such as a worktable or desk; or in doorways, halls or against inside walls.
- Stay near the center of the building.
- Stay away from glass windows or doors.
- If Outdoors
- Stay in the open away from buildings and structures. Keep away from utility wires.
- After tremors have stopped, stay away from damaged building and structures because of possible aftershocks.